- Secure communication through firewalls and fast local communication
- Reliable communication with error recovery
- Simple structure to make servers and clients easy to implement
- Functionality similar to OPC DA, AE and HDA combined into a single interface
Advosol was a charter member of the Xi Specification Consortium and was actively involved in the design process and the implementation of the sample Xi server and Xi client code.
Advosol is the first vendor to offer developer components for Xi Server and client applications. We also enhanced our OPC DA .NET Client Component and OPC DA .NET Server Toolkit with Xi options that offer developers the option to gradually replace DCOM OPC applications with Xi.
- Overview of what the Express Interface (Xi, OPC .NET) is, how server and client applications can be developed based on the Advosol Xi components. (440kB PDF file).
- This PowerPoint slide show explains how users can migrate from classic OPC to OPC .NET based on Advosol products, either converter software modules or dual-mode client/server toolkits.
- This paper explains the OPC .NET Communication and its Configuration. (106kB PDF file).